Sunday, April 21, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 4/21/2024

I got in a second water session this afternoon - winging over at Hickam.

Solid wind, but the waves were on the small side.


I brought the North Mode Pros - 4.8 and 5.5, but decided to continue using the Ezzy 5.0 as I only have this wing on loan for a few more days (and I'll likely keep using it in the upcoming week as the wind is supposed to be just like today through Friday). 

And with the strong winds, I decided to setup the Eagle 890/DW190 - perfect for today!


Today's stats have me wondering is it the wing, the foil, or me?  Definitely a notch up in the stats -


Pacific Yacht Club/MWR was holding a regatta inside the harbor, so I made a beeline out to Firsts.  With the high tide, I went straight through.  And the first approach I made to the waves, I busted out a tack into a drop on one of only a few breaking waves I rode today.  Bill saw the whole things and said it was awesome!

I did migrate over to Seconds - but the waves weren't really breaking there either.  The tide was just too high for the swell energy.

After a bit I headed in and did my speed runs (I hit 24mph with the 890... again - what was the difference here?  I'm thinking there is special sauce in the Ezzy 5.0)


In these gusts the Ezzy was really well behaved.  There was one backwinding - but probably my fault.

And in the lulls, as long as I didn't go down (which did happen twice), the Ezzy used whatever wind was present and converted it to forward motion.


24mph!!!  I bet if I had the Eagle 690 I would have broken the 25mph ceiling... tomorrow -


W:50/FD:26/F:4/S:9

No comments: