Thursday, April 18, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 4/18/2024

The wind was forecasted to be in the light wind range of wing foiling this afternoon.

Harris came out after calling the airport report.


And I was able to pick up the Ezzy wings I'm borrowing from Donnel - so I wanted to see where the bottom end was on this design.


And to give myself the best chance of getting on foil, I setup No.34 with the F One Eagle 1090


And despite all that, the wind turned pretty darn light once Harris and I hit the water 


I did get some runs in but it was light during the lulls


I think today would have been a better Foil Drive day


Harris did make it outside and he rode some really nice waves.  I did not want to chance it with the light wind and a borrowed wing that I was taking out for the first time.  The Ezzy 5.5 was not the same brilliant wing that the 4.0 is.  It felt heavy in hand and it has a really small sweet spot power wise.  I did not get to test the luffing or overpowered flying (since there wasn't much wind) - but it did not have a whole lot of low end (which was expected).  Also - Donnel's choice of harness line (fixed windsurfing harness line) is not my preference - too easily got hit in the face with the line.

If I was pulling out one of my personal wings, it would probably have been the North Mode Pro 6.8


Despite all that was said - it was a day out in the water so it was good!!!

I got a bounce trip for work tomorrow - when I get back I'm going to try and hit it again with the 5.0

W:48/FD:24/F:4/S:9

No comments: