Sunday, April 7, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 4/7/2024

Super squally at Kailua this morning.


I came early to pick up this new (to me) front foil from Ruben - the F One SK8 750.  I paired it with the Carve 195 rear stabilizer.


And before I could even go out, Donnel asked if I wanted to try out his Ezzy Flight 4.0

He had been out on the 5.0 version and had deflated it already.  He twisted my arm and instead of pumping up my SW2 4.2, I just put a pigtail on this one and off I went.


I do not normally adjust two variables at once - the good news is there was more than enough wind (most of the session), and the SK8 750 is even better than the 950.


There were some really good waves - and the SK8 750 slingshots onto these like no other foil!!!

The Ezzy drifts incredibly well, has power when you need to, move across the window really well and never really pulls with brute force.


This is the chart from MCBH.  The Bellow station is down (and unfortunately that is closer to the Kailua conditions).  There were some really strong gusts that came in with the rain squalls and the Ezzy didn't flinch.

I would pull up behind several different wingers and then try to drag race them - both upwind and in distance.  This wing would pull higher and ran faster than everything out there (Duotones, Armstrong XPS, Naish, and Ozone Flux).


The SK8 750 did everything I asked it to - and it especially did jibes onto big hooking waves perfectly!!!  This foil moves much faster than the Sk8 950 - but it needs more wind to keep on foil (or a bigger wing compared to the SK8 950).  The flow between hits is so good on this foil!

And it is not slow - the water was really choppy and turbulent and I still got a top speed over 20 mph.


Fun day at Kailua!!!  And the Ezzy did go home with me - I got made a deal I couldn't refuse (not to mention this wing was surprisingly great).


W:47/FD:20/F:4/S:9

No comments: