Monday, April 1, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 4/1/2024

It was windy today!!!  Proper whitecaps abound!!!


Norm was there and launching by the time I showed up.  The tide was LOW - I needed to swim out a considerable distance before clearing the high points of the reef.  Periodically a decent sized set would pull through.


Used the Spitfire 840/325P setup today - and on the V1 Project Cedrus 85cm mast.  Pumped up the SW2 4.7 (but probably could have gotten away with the 4.2)


With the wind strong and really consistent, today was really fun!

The Spitfire 840/325P made for challenging conditions - but as Roland says - if you are comfortable, you aren't learning.


Amidst all these rides, I did got a slamming tack straight onto a wave that made a run for it.  I got to fully flagged, took an awesome drop and carved turn after turn while the wave kept going and going.  If the swell was a foot bigger....


I had the wind at its best!!!


And this was a pleasant surprise - 20.3 mph while winging in choppy side shore conditions, 


I'm glad I winged today!

W:42/FD:20/F:4/S:9

No comments: