Saturday, April 20, 2024

Garage Works - 4/20/2024 (part 1)

I spent a bunch of time in and out of the garage getting No.36 dialed in.  I chased several high points leftover from the rough shaping.  Then I used 180 grit to do the fine sanding over the whole board.

These pictures are not of the board as it stands now - I played with several iterations of where the inserts would go.


The back footstrap inserts will end up going where the polyurethane fill block will go so I won't have to use the divynicell - that'll help save a little weight.


Instead I ended up pushing the d-cell blocks out towards the starboard rail for my strong stance (regular foot) - should be able to jump this one, but I'll have to experiment with what feels better.


I'll cut out the hole for the track block and the footstrap insert blocks tomorrow.


This one is definitely looking more like a mashup of No.34 (front end and rear deck) and No.32 (rear half of the board).

I'll try and get these inserts epoxied into place this week.

No comments: