Friday, April 26, 2024

Garage Works - 4/26/2024

And between borrowing an extension ladder and working on the gutters, and shampooing the carpet in the house - I did squeeze in some garage time.

I noticed a small difference in the top deck rails at the midpoint (one side had a side cut) - so I made a similar side cut on the other side.  And then I felt compelled to route out the slot for the mast track block.

I used the Hitachi router and got the bottom slot cut out.  Then I used the Japanese pull saw and opened up the top deck.


This will set in nicely!


I'll likely place the epoxy sometime tomorrow - if in the morning after the dawn patrol, then I'll also be able to glue in the top block (polyurethane foil block).

After those two pieces get installed, I'll shape the top deck where the block is (removing the excess and integrating it into the top deck shape).

Sunday will likely see the footstrap insert blocks going in place and possibly the carrying handle.

Another thing that got done was La was able to trim these velcro straps for me.  Hypothetically I should be able to stop using electrical tape to hold the motor cable steady.  We shall see - I'll test these tomorrow morning.  I've used narrower velcro straps in the past - but I didn't feel that they were really working.  These are 2" wide each - I'm pretty sure  these will fill the bill!!!



No comments: