Thursday, April 11, 2024

Evening Session - 4/11/2024

Marvin picked up a Foil Drive Max, and I told him when he takes it out that I'd like to tag along to make I can answer any questions - I didn't want his experience to be negative.

The wind was actually strong enough to wing and it was onshore - so the surf was on the messy side.

At least the tide was nice and high.


I thought the waves were going to be smaller than they were - I setup the HPS980/400P.  I could have used the Spitfire 960/350P (tomorrow - or I might even use the Vyper 170)


Despite the conditions, I did have a pretty good session.  The only issues were the onshore wind mushing up the waves (which had some size to them - head high in most cases) and the cloudy conditions which I have a hard time detecting contrast when the waves are all one color.


I had some long rides today!  I adjusted the setup to be more forward, and I think I actually got it too forward (but it could have been the waves also).  Not many cranking turns - more long glides.


This was the first time I've been in the water since Sunday - and the first time I've prone Foil Drive (d) in a while.  I botched the first several waves getting used to this again.  But shortly after I was dialed in and catching.

I actually ended up catching 14 in an hour... RIDICULOUS!!! 


Marvin said he wanted to go a smaller board already!!!!  That's Marvin -

W:47/FD:21/F:4/S:9

No comments: