Saturday, April 6, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 4/6/2024

I hit Hickam around lunch time - the wind was supposed to peak then and the tide was rising (so the waves should be breaking).

Arvin and Harris were already out when I showed up.  Jim was setting up and Bill came along towards the end of my session.


I specifically went to Hickam so I could make flatwater speed runs.  Looking out at the water, I was debating pumping up the 4.2 or the 3.6.  I opted for the 3.6 - but what was also fueling the debate was the foil I bolted on -


I brought the F One Eagle 690 - I wanted to get more familiar with this foil and how it would ride with No.32. The chord on the 690 and 890 is pretty much the same - which was good because the 890 pretty much pegs the tracks on No.32  


The wind was really strong - which made getting up on foil totally pretty easy.


After a few runs to get the characteristics down (it had been a while since I've used it).  I got several heel side tacks in, then I went out to Firsts.

I made a few runs out there - but the wind was so strong it was suppressing the waves and they were slipping through unbroken.  Since I was out there by myself, I figured I should head back in - that would have been a long. hard paddle if something went wrong. 

Once back inside, I pretty much did sprints.


Strong wind - but I was pretty comfortable on the 3.6

The Eagle 690 is an amazing front foil - it has the glide of the larger Eagles, but it rolls super easy and can surf with the best of them.


I got it to 24.9 mph - so close to 25 mph!!!


I need to get a rear stabilizer than has less drag (the 13" KD Marlin???) - I'm pretty sure I'll break the 25 mph wall once I've made that adjustment.

Another really fun session!!!

W:47/FD:20/F:4/S:9

No comments: