Sunday, April 7, 2024

Garage Works - 4/7/2024

I spent some time in the garage trying to make headway on Matt's board.  I sanded all the fill points flush, top and bottom decks.


So smooth....


I got two of the three decals on - still waiting on the Army Wings for the tail.  I also laminated a couple of patches where I thought reinforcement was needed.  These two spots should be covered by the deck pad.

And not seen in this picture, I installed the leash plug.


Tomorrow I'll grind open the leash plug, and do a light sand on the spots I epoxied today, then add a seal coat.

After all that - I felt compelled to make an adjustment to the Foil Drive board I've been contemplating.  I wanted an overall narrower board, and also a slightly wider tail.


I even printed out the template and transferred it to the blank.


It kinda looks like No.33 - but even if it does have nearly the same profile (I'm pretty sure the tail is narrower), this one is going to get the 16" tracks.

I just need to check with Dennis - if he wants a board, I'll make his before I start this one.  I also want to make another wingboard - similar in shape to No.25, but narrower (also with 16" tracks - I've been lucky with No.32 - I've been able to fit the smaller foils on to it, but I'd like to make more boards).

No comments: