Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 4/23/2024

The wind/waves/tide were awesome today!!!

Koa, Kalani, Prayot, Roland and Duke (and one other who I didn't know) were all out.


I had to give the Ezzys back today - probably a good thing because using this wing back-to-back after the Ezzy 5.0 gave me a clear perspective on the differences between the two.  The North is quieter for sure - zero flutter.  And as far as I can tell, it pulls just as hard upwind.  I feel like the Ezzy is faster - but I had the SK8 950 out today and not the Eagle 890.  I feel like the North gets up faster (a little more low end).  Once up it has the same wide range as the Ezzy.

And tacking with this wing is about the same as the Ezzy - but the handles on the North are much nicer.


The surf was bigger today - and I caught several bombers!  This session was so good!!!

I forgot my watch today so I brought my phone out.


I got in a bunch of heelside tacks again - with the North it seemed a little slower - but that might have been the wind direction.  The wing actually felt like it wanted to be in my right hand while flagging - but there was a bit of north in the wind.


It seemed stronger than this (again this is Hickam's chart) - more along the lines of the gusts on a consistent basis.


I can't forget my watch again... the Strava charts are harder to derive the same information.


Awesome session today!


W:52/FD:26/F:4/S:9

No comments: