Saturday, April 13, 2024

Dawn Patrol - 4/13/2024

Dawn patrolled this morning with the same setup I used yesterday.

From the beach it looked really messy - onshore wind, white water everywhere.

I texted Marvin and he still wanted to go out - and I don't like storing my batteries with a full charge... out I went.


And the funny thing was as bad as it looked from the beach, it was decent on the outside.


The tide was on the low side - so the waves were breaking everywhere.  I just motored to wherever wasn't jumbled and I picked up rides.


The concentrated area is pretty much the same spot where I pick up waves when I wing.  It is pretty cool that I can do this (MAHALO Foil Drive!!!).

Marvin used yet another board today - his 5'4" Quatro.  With the extra volume, he was doing so much better.  Nothing but smiles!!!


Tomorrow is supposed to be stormy... and I am going to Noe's concert - not sure what the session will be tomorrow.  I am going to borrow/test some more Ezzy Flight wings - I may sneak in a short winging session at Hickam....


I am still trying to figure out a way to clean the Gen 2 setup... it doesn't seem right that I just hose it off and put it away - salt is not good long term for any of these materials.

This smaller cooler worked for the Gen 1 FD - I may pull down a slightly bigger cooler that isn't being used and try that.

W:47/FD:23/F:4/S:9

No comments: