Saturday, April 13, 2024

Garage Works - 4/13/2024

Besides Foil Driving this morning, I got some last second epoxy fill on the low spots.  I also took La and Noe to Kailua to get presents.  When we got back the epoxy had hardened and I sanded the board.  It's done!







Tomorrow I'll spray the clear coat on - it'll be in lifts so there won't be any weird bumps that I'll have to go back and sand (I'M DONE SANDING).  Then after that is done, I'll drill the vent hole and install the plug.  Matt said he'll try to get over here midday tomorrow.

And after some more tweaking of the Foil Drive unit and the Spitfire 960 positioning, I think it's finally good to go.


I went ahead and sanded off the old 960 mark and wrote in the new position for the mast and the base unit.  It basically came out to 2.5 cms up from the Gen 1 FDA+ mark.  This setting has the lift a nudge on the progressive side and an ever so slight back foot pressure (which I really can't seem to get rid of actually).

I may try the SK8 950 next time - using the correlation it looks like it'll be pegged to the front of the track.

No comments: