Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 4/3/2024

The wind was not as strong as it was yesterday - but still good.


I had a hard stop time to go pick up Marlon - so I made this an experimentation session.  I used No.33 as a wingboard!!!


Considering these marks were made using the Foil Drive Assist Plus, I had to do some correlation and I ended up with the mast placement here.  I think I could have used a tiny bit more lift - maybe lining up with the Spitfire 960 (FDA+) setting.


With the wind as up and down as it was, I really should have used a bigger wing - but I pumped up the North Mode Pro 4.8 (experimentation day!!!).

I schlogged quite a bit today - not sure if it was the slightly smaller wing for the up and down wind, the fact that No.33 sinks if not powered up, or this being the first time I used this board for this purpose.

I was the first one out for a bit.  Then Brantly, Anson, Arvin and Harris all came out almost all at once.

I stayed on the inside with Arvin and wanted to develop a feel for this board.


Neat pattern today.  And it looks like I was up on foil a bunch - but that is not the true.  You need the two graphs below to see what was really happening.


Way up, and way down -


As long as I didn't touchdown, I was fine.  But once I did I had to wait for a while to pick up a gust.  Towards the end of the session I had developed a feel for how this board turned and I got brave enough to make a few speed run.  Surprise surprise - 23.0 mph - not too shabby.


The wind should be much stronger tomorrow.  Probably going to switch out to one of the smaller Eagles.

W:44/FD:20/F:4/S:9

No comments: