Sunday, January 14, 2024

Dawn Patrol - 1/14/2024

Today's dawn patrol was probably the smallest waves I've ever caught with the Foil Drive - but I caught waves!


Same setup as the previous few sessions - HPS980/400P on No.33


When I popped up, there was very little gliding - I had to pump to keep on the waves.  There were a few rides where I got to carve some turns, and I did get a few double dips - but it was still a lot of work.


My tracks were largely straight - this was me pumping to stay with the waves.  Having the 3-bladed prop was key - I don't think I could have done this with the standard prop.


From this graph, I caught 18 waves (but this was over nearly 2 hours - so not as productive a session as the past couple of days).


I am amazed at what this equipment can enable - 

Kalani paddled out on his Dragonfly - and he caught multiple waves.  He is definitely ready to do a downwinder.

Tomorrow may actually be a tad bit bigger than today...

W:4/F:6/S:1

No comments: