Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 1/24/2024

Winging conditions today!!!  Strong SSW winds, medium tide and some good wind swell - 


And I got to try out the Evolution Cedrus Wind mast!!!



No.32, Spitfire 840/350P on the Advance + Crazy Short fuselage all powered by the Reedin SW2 4.2m


Today's conditions were really challenging - but that made trying out the new mast even more satisfying.  With as much cross-chop, turbulence and with trying to hold a high line to the onshore wind, I would have ventilated my Project Cedrus masts for sure.  As hard as I pushed the system (board, mast, foil) I couldn't get it to ventilate!!!

The western component of the wind didn't materialize while I was out on the water.  I had the SSW nearly straight onshore wind to contend with.  I had to paddle way out to get the foil out of grounding range.  Then with the chop it was pretty hard to get up and started.


There were some solid swell pulling through.





Chest to head high on the high points of the outer breaks - fast and lined up!!!

I was nicely powered on the 4.2 - not really wanting more or less area.


West is best - but you gotta take what you can get.


I love this mast and am looking forward to pushing boundaries this year (not having to worry about recovering from ventilations - I can push the pedal to the metal!!!)

W:6/F:11/S:4

No comments: