Monday, January 1, 2024

Dawn Patrol - 1/1/2024

Happy New Year!  2023 was a blast - 2024 will be even better!

To celebrate the New Year, I did what I always do - made the dawn patrol!

The waves were less frequent than yesterday - but when the sets did come, the waves were better than Sunday.


I changed it up a little bit today - bolted on the Spitfire 960 and the 375 Progressive rear stabilizer.  After half the session passed, Dennis asked if I wanted to try out the 3 blade prop (of course I wanted to check that prop out!!!???!!)


The prop has a much torque as the Magic Hub, and the top end speed of the normal 2-bladed hub.  I could catch waves faster than I had been (with the 2 bladed hub).  I'm going to have to get one of these...



I pretty much got to pump back out on every wave.  I also got plenty of double dips and more than a few triples.  My turns were ridiculous today - hard and snappy!  Gotta love those Spitfires...


28 waves - 

The regular prone crew was out - and because the tide was a little too high again, they weren't picking up rides.  It gets kinda hard to ride through the pack when they aren't catching their own rides


Great way to start the New Year!!!

W:0/F:1/S:0

No comments: