Sunday, January 7, 2024

Garage Works - 1/7/2024

Spent some time in the garage today - mostly helping La finish components of the desk she has been building for Noe (but also her small propagation stand), but I also got some work on my projects accomplished.

I broke down the Foil Drive (soaked in freshwater, dried, lubricated and stored), sanded a mid-length fin that had a chip (which I filled with epoxy), and got the mast track set into No.34.  


I actually almost goofed huge - after I placed the epoxy and the track block, I realized I had the block pointing up on the top deck.  I quickly switched it around, and I figured the epoxy that went into the slot would just serve as a seal coat (so no harm no foul).

The block set level and true, so I went ahead and epoxied in the polyurethane blocks on the top deck.  I used more epoxy here to make sure the bottom block and the top ones adhered together and also placed epoxy on the sides for the top blocks.

I'll check on this later tonight, just to make sure there isn't any leak out and everything is good to go. 


I also pulled out the kitefoiling board and fitted my shortest Project Cedrus mast onto it.  I've been getting the bug to start my kitefoiling journey - 


Tomorrow I'll take off the excess foam from the top deck block and place epoxy to fill the remaining voids between the block and the rest of the board.  That is if I don't go winging (south winds kicking in - I'll have to go to Hickam, paddle out and try to pull upwind).

We'll see what happens...

No comments: