Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 1/9/2024

Westerly wind today!!!  I love me my Westerlies!!!


In my mind, today was the perfect wing foiling session!

With the forecast calling for a hard drop after 3pm - I did set up for the trip back in (lighter wind equipment - No.25/Eagle 1090/SW2 5.2). 


The stats speak volumes!!!


The swell and wind were coming in from the W-SW, making for some challenging conditions.  But I caught plenty of head high breakers and the rides were all the way from the outside to inside the surfer lineup.

I did not tack at all today - everything was backwards from the normal tradewind pattern - so I figured I'd take one source of falling out of the equation.

So many awesome rides...


You can see the decline as time went on.  Looks like 2pm was the start of the strong winds.  I cannot say how lucky I was to catch the wind when I did!!!


The chart above is the Kalaeloa one - this seems to read accurately when the westerlies are blowing.

And you can roughly see a correlation to the speed chart below.


Words cannot capture how good this session was today!

W:3/F:4/S:0

No comments: