Saturday, January 13, 2024

Garage Works - 1/13/2024

I had some time today so I got the bottom deck laminate prepared.  I have been contemplating SUP handles and on which deck.  After handling the blank and going back over my design objectives (fast-fast-fast), I decided I would not use SUP handles in No.34.  I will place a couple of 2-hole footstrap inserts on the top deck - but nothing on the bottom.

As I was shaping this board, I noticed at a longer length, the blank had more of a tendency to bend.  There is no stringer so that is understandable.  As part of the laminate schedule, I placed a spine through the area anticipated to take load.


Then I placed a patch where the mast track will transfer load.


And lastly I placed the nose to tail cover sheet.


I placed the relief cuts in the laps - but then had to cook dinner.  It was also getting cold in the garage, so I figured I place the epoxy tomorrow when the temperature was more conducive for hardening. 

No comments: