Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 1/16/2024

Yesterday was incredible!!!

Nuking winds from the west, wind swell from the same - just had to paddle out further to launch on the low tide.


I think these conditions are my favorite!

I brought No.32, the Spitfire 840/350P, and the Reedin SW2 3.6

I met one-eyed Harold - and he, Prayot, and Norm were pumping up 5m wings.

There were 3 wingers (not sure who) out already when I was setting up.


I never had an issue getting up - and my arms weren't getting ripped out of their sockets.  The SW2 3.6 was perfect!


Roland, Duke and 3 others we didn't know also came out.


Waves were breaking in different spots than normal.  If we had a downwind pickup, the runners would have been awesome.  But I held my ground to avoid a paddle back to the launch (even with the nuking winds - there is always a chance of getting blown downwind with small gear).


Super fun rides!!!






SW winds - pretty locked in the whole time.  There were clouds for the most part, but the winds were on.




Because of the turbulence and cross chop, every one was falling a bunch.  Some of the guys brought out their tall masts, but they were still falling


El Nino has been delivering the goods!!!  Sessions like this get burned in my brain!

W:5/F:7/S:2

No comments: