Saturday, January 6, 2024

Garage Works - 1/6/2024

After we got back from the beach, I went straight for the shaping rack and started working on No.34

I had targeted cutting in the entry rocker as the objective for the day.  I got that done and went straight to completing the rough shaping, cutting in the slot for the mast track block, and getting through half the fine shaping (on both the top and bottom decks).

Here's the bottom deck


And the top deck


And the board from the side


Lots of progress today!

Tomorrow I'll glue in the Mast Track block - both top and bottom.  I'll line up the bottom to it's final position first.  Then I'll glue in the top filler (polyurethane blocks), but these will have vertical excess which I'll trim off with a surform.  I'll take a second look at the board overall and dial in the fine shaping.

After that, I'll place a fill/seal coat on the board, then this board will be ready to laminate.

No comments: