Monday, January 15, 2024

North Shore Outting

Noe had a sleep over up at Pupukea yesterday.  We went to pick her up and since we were going to be up on the North Shore...

When I checked the forecast, they were calling for head high and under.  Marlon and I brought our smaller wave boards.  Kaylani brought her new shortboard.

La dropped us off at Ehukai Beach Park (really Sunset Elementary) and off we went!!!  


It was super crowded - I bypassed Ehukai and paddled out at Gas Chambers (least crowded spot - but still crowded).

It had been a while since I've been in well overhead waves up there - yes, the waves were breaking well overhead.  I actually setup the Hydronaut last night - but opted for the Great White Twin...

If I had the paddling power and entry rocker of the Hydronaut, I probably would have gotten some sweet rides.

Kaylani caught a nice one.

I finally caught one and rode it to the inside - the time had come to get picked up.

Crowded surf spots... that probably the biggest reason I use the Foil Drive and the wing - it was still nice getting wet up there! 

W:4/F:7/S:2

No comments: