Monday, January 1, 2024

Garage Works -1/1/2024

This post actually spans activity from yesterday and today.

As part of cleaning up the house for New Years, I had to move the templates I made for No.34 out of the living room.  Since I was moving them, I figured I might as well transfer the template onto the blank.


And here it is marked out


This board is being made for winging in waves (unlike No.30 which is more for flatwater light wind winging), and also as a Foil Drive Max board.  I ordered a set of 16" boxes already set in a divynicell block - that should give me the flexibility to use this board with several different front foils.


And yesterday I helped Marlon get the leash plug installed on the longboard he is building.


And today I cut the board out of the billet.  I trimmed it with a little border excess, then I used the rough surform to dial in the outline.  Came out really nice - getting the outline right sets up a good shaping effort.


I'm going to try and keep this as close to 4" thick as I can.  Also, I wanted to get the tail pulled in a bit more on this one - I figure with the extra length, I can afford to lose the rear planing surface.

No comments: