Monday, January 29, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 1/29/2024

I hit Hickam after work and got in a quick session so I could still get on the road before traffic got too bad.  With the current run of SW winds and a lower tide in the afternoon, I didn't want to get beat up trying to get to deep enough water to launch without grounding over at WPB - it's good to have options. 


I setup small gear today - the SW2 4.2, No.32, the Spitfire 840/350P combo and to crown it all off - the Evolution Wind mast (I love this thing!!!).


Easy launch today - I was up pretty quick.

I made my way out to Firsts expeditiously and got to surf the wind swell.


This is actually really good considering the short duration I was out.


There was no one around and the wind was pretty strong.  I figured I'd call it while the session was good (and also to make it off base before the traffic thickened).

On the way in, there was still swell pushing through all the way to the beach.  I stayed out and surfed the inside and it was actually almost as fun as the waves outside.  Hickam is a totally different place on SW winds (I actually prefer this - MAHALO EL NINO!!!)





I'll just post the pictures and let them tell the story -






The wind is going to slack until the weekend (when the trades return with a vengence!!!).

I may try surfing tomorrow afternoon before the west swell totally fades away.

W:8/F:13/S:4

No comments: