Sunday, May 3, 2020

Dualie Stubby Done

I got the gloss coat (clear glossy polyurethane spray) on the bottom deck this morning.  I used some decals I got from a coworker to label it instead of using spray paint.  I think it looks way cleaner - but we'll see how it holds up to usage.


I also got the dual single fins on.  This thing looks fast just lying there!!!


I put a little more nose rocker into this board so I can take steeper drops - a lesson learned from the asymmetric fish at Chun's.


A long time ago I had an RRD Kiteboard with this same tail configuration.  I could throw that tail right through a roundhouse cutback like a hot knife through butter.  I'm really excited to get this board into some energetic waves to see if I can do similar turns.


I still need to do a tiny bit of work on the top deck - fill in an edge on the lease plug and some rough spots on the tail.  But before I go foiling today, I'll get the epoxy work done so I can spray the remainder of the board before this evening.  I also want to test the durability of the innegra.  This stuff was not that hard to use, but sanding was a bear trying to stay away from the fibers.  If it resists pressures and other abuse, perhaps it'll be worth the extra effort.

No comments: