Thursday, May 21, 2020

Evening Session - 5/21/2020

The streak goes on - I did a solo evening foil session out at Pine Trees.  The wind had swung more East and it was messing with the texture - it kinda made it harder to ride.  The swell was still hanging in there - shoulder high on the sets - big enough that I had to back out of some takeoffs (knowing that I'd probably get blown off - I had the GL180 on).  And the tide was somewhere above 1.5' (dropping though).



I did bring the GoPro out so I wouldn't have to post more "foil in the back of the minivan" pictures.  I had some really good rides, but managing a camera while riding takes away the riding focus and you kinda lose perspective just trying to get the camera to turn on and in position.



My last ride I was able to get a legit 2 for 1 - without really trying either.  It is mostly wave spacing and luck with positioning along the break.


I think next time I go out I'll bolt on the Ono Foil W228 rear wing to loosen up the tail.

No comments: