Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Evening Session - 5/5/2020

Marlon and I hit Pine Trees this afternoon.  I brought the 4'10" with the Go Foil 24.5" (+3" extension), GL180 front and P18W on the rear.  Marlon brought his longboard.



Marlon caught a bunch - he had 3 before I got my first.





I got a bunch of really long rides.  With this tail wing, there is a higher degree of instability on the roll axis so the turns take a little bit more effort to start and staying upright on the straights takes a some conscious thought.




On one of the next surf sessions, I'll bring the Kai tail and do a direct comparison. I think the turns are easier on the Kai, but running the walls is definitely faster and pumping back is easier.  Not really better - just different in a fun way.  This front wing even works with small, unbroken waves - like the Maliko 200 - but it flows through the water way more efficiently.




The first real South Pacific swell is making its way to us.  I think I'm going to be torn between foiling and surfing - the Stubby got its last coat of urethane this afternoon so I'll wax that board up tomorrow.  This weekend should be good for surf.

No comments: