Thursday, May 14, 2020

Evening Session - 5/14/2020

Marlon and Noe hit Sand Lots with a friend before I even got home.  I sanded the dragon fruit trellis parts - then loaded up the truck to foil Pine Trees.  There was no wind, the tide was rising BUT the waves were really inconsistent.  When they did come they were chest high - but did I say they were inconsistent???


I caught a couple of handful of good waves - rode them for way longer than I could have on all but the Viking.  I had on the GL140 - but if I knew the waves would be like they were, I might have used the GL180 and gotten longer rides, and even taken off more on the inside.  When the sets did come, I was able to take off on steeper faces.  Despite all the fun, I did feel a little off - I ended up wiping on a couple of rides and clipped the board (lightly) - no dings but just more proof of how sensitive foiling is.  No better way to end the day!

No comments: