Friday, May 8, 2020

Evening Session - 5/8/2020

Marlon and I went to the beach a little later than normal - I did the grocery run this afternoon so this weekend (Mother's Day) would be clear for other things (for Mother's Day).  The wind was not messing up the waves.  The tide was pretty high at 2.2' - high enough to allow some waves to over run the dune embankment.  Lastly the swell was still up - but not as big as yesterday.  Belly high consistently with a few overhead waves every now and then.


Marlon was catching most everything.  I brought out the 4'10" prone foil board but switched the front wing to a GL140 and the tail out to the Kai. The Kai tail definitely tightened up the turns (or its a darn good placebo) and I felt like I could crank them harder.  It also made going straight easier - definitely more roll stability.


This wing pumps a little less efficiently than the GL180, but it turns way easier.  This may not be my first choice on a smaller wave day, but if it's chest high and bigger, this is a winner.  The best way I can describe it is riding the GL140 is a like riding a shortboard on a good wave - you can carve and turn when you want to and where you want to go.  If the waves continue to get smaller, I'll switch to the GL180 and keep the Kai tail on.  If it stays as big as it was today, I'll probably keep the GL140 on.  We'll see tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: