Sunday, May 3, 2020

On to the Salvage Job

And with #17 pretty much finished, I turned my attention to the new 4'10" foil board (that I messed up when pouring the epoxy for the track reinforcement - USE MILLED FIBERS not straight epoxy).


I sanded the hardened spray foam down to the deck.  I think it filled the voids... but to make sure I don't get a collapse, I'm going to go heavy on the glassing schedule on the tail underfoot - carbon patches, innegra layer (with the cut scraps from #17), then a full carbon later nose to tail and all topped off with a 6oz layer of fiberglass.



I was able to get the reinforcement blocks leveled also.  Sanded those down also.  Then I laid out the track locations.  I didn't cut the voids out because I need to recalibrate the Futures template.  More stuff to do this week to keep me occupied.  Managing the glassing around the boxes is going to be a little challenging - I'm going to have to think about this one.

No comments: