Saturday, May 30, 2020

Evening Session - 5/30/2020

Marlon was feeling better today so we went out in the evening.  I was mistaken yesterday - the tide was a rising high, but it was 0.5', not 1.0'.  Today it was about the same height - 0.5'.  The wind was up but nothing out of the ordinary for this side of the island (and not really impacting the surf shape either).  The swell was about the same as yesterday, including the lulls and the wait between the sets.  I had the same setup - GL140, P18W, 24.5" + 3" mast, 4'10" prone - but I really should have switched the front wing to the GL180.  I had several waves, but only a few long ones - and even these were not long in GL180 terms.  If we go tomorrow, I'll likely swap the front wing.


Marlon had a bunch, but he was getting similar results to mine - shorter rides.  He went in a few minutes earlier than I did to make sure he wasn't over doing it (he got his wisdom teeth pulled yesterday).  Still a fun day in the water -

No comments: