Friday, May 29, 2020

Evening Session - 5/29/2020

Marlon came with me this evening, but he didn't surf - he didn't want to over extend himself as he just had his wisdom teeth pulled.  The swell was waist high for the most part, but chest high surf would roll in from time to time.  The tide was a rising high going to 1.6', but while I was out it was at least above 1.0'.  I had a couple of "love" taps from the reef - I didn't notice any damage so no foul.  The wind was up, but it only was an issue when I was trying to go right - got under the board and made for a slower ride.




This was the first day I foiled in a few, so I had to shake a little rust off.  Had some good takeoffs and a few long rides.




The GL140 did not fail me.  Better for the takeoffs that were present, but the GL180 would have made for much longer rides and some wave connections (I did get one with the GL140 today).


Marlon heard from someone on the beach that White Plains is supposed to open on June 1st.  That will help spread the crowd around again.  Funny thing is I might not want to go back (because I really like this place).

No comments: