Friday, May 1, 2020

A Second Fill Coat on the Stubby

After the 120 sanding, there were enough low spots across the board and some holes around the fin boxes that all needed to be filled - so instead of proceeding to the 180 grit sanding, I put on another fill coat.  2.8 ounces of epoxy and cabosil to make a manageable slurry.


I wasn't able to get the center part of the top deck filled - but arguably it didn't need to - that section is pretty smooth with no divots.


I'll probably cut the leash plug hole and set the plug tonight - that way tomorrow is sanding day.  I'll get everything smoothed out, place the logo decals on, and spray on a urethane coat.  As this build keeps going on, I keep taking slight detours - but the destination is the same - STOKE CITY!!! Almost done with this one - then I'll turn my attention back to the 4'10" that is sitting on the right of the pictures.

No comments: