Sunday, March 31, 2024

Garage Works - 3/31/2024

I told Prayot I'd help him fix a friend's Auntie's house and also help pick mangos....

I skipped the dawn patrol and I think it was completely worth it (and not just the mangos - I like helping kapuna).


After I recovered from that work, I went ahead and started sanding No.35.  I decided to sand this one outside - it's bad enough I have white epoxy dust all over the garage... to have green also would be too much.


The above picture is of the bottom with half sanded.  I got through sanding the whole bottom, then Matt stopped by to see the progress (he was off island for a couple of weeks - the last time he saw it was before it was laminated).

Below is me starting to sand the top.  By this point I was losing light so I called it quits (and went in to the kitchen to wash all the mangos).


Tomorrow I'll finish sanding the top deck, then I'll laminate the carbon stripe down the middle of the bottom deck.  While I'm using epoxy, I'll also get a few of the low points filled (and hopefully that will cut down on subsequent fill coats/sanding/fill coats/sanding.....)

I asked Helen to print some more vinyl cut decals for this board.

This one is coming together nicely!!!  Might be done by next week (there is wind coming....)

No comments: