Saturday, March 16, 2024

Dawn Patrol - 3/16/2024

Dawn Patrol at Hickam with the Foil Drive setup this morning.

Light northerly winds, lower tide, and a fun sized swell that saw infrequent sets running through the break.  In fact Firsts was barely breaking and everyone was piled up at Seconds.


Same setup as yesterday, but I felt like the whole setup needed to be moved forward.  I had a bunch of backfoot pressure that was telling me this.


And again, missing a few waves was telling me this is a totally different product than the FDA+.  Definitely still in the familiarization phase.

This is pretty common now performance wise.  


Heading out I was keeping the throttle at 25%.  I got out to the first channel marker after 10 minutes, and then the #4 marker after another 5 minutes.

I rode for the time in the above picture, and headed back at 35% (I was not warm).  I had the throttle at 60% and when I was rinsing off at the boat ramp, the battery was reading 14%.


Despite the learn curve botches, I had a lot of really fun waves.  And that was also despite the SUP guys dropping in.

20 waves in an hour and a half - that's a wave every 9 minutes.  Can't really complain about that.


W:30/FD:18/F:4/S:8

No comments: