Friday, March 15, 2024

Evening Session - 3/15/2024

I got in an evening FD Max session at WPB.  There was actually a strong North wind - strong enough to wing...

The tide was trying to get higher - but I did end up hitting the high spot in front of the first cabin.  And you had to wait for the waves, but when they came they were fun.

The only issue really was the strong offshore wind - on a bunch of waves I was actually getting blown back over the wave, or held up from the drop. 


The modifications to the top deck were awesome!  Made riding more intuitive and it felt completely natural.

I also made sure to get the propellor closer to the board to get some more mast clearance.

The three blade prop is definitely the way to go.


I was really cold - so I didn't stay out as long as I could have.


I had some really fun rides, but also a lot of aborts.  I am noticing in addition to get more waves with the FD Max, I am also getting into more situations where I'm aborting.  I think it has something to do with the huge amount of power available from the Max system.  I think I'm going to start experimenting with the power settings.


Conservatively I caught 15 waves this session - another ridiculously good session!!!


Roland didn't go out - he got there too late because his work mates were drinking beer after work.  But he did go and he said he saw me taking off super early and ripping up the waves.  At first he didn't realize it was me because he didn't see a box on the top deck of the board.  But when I came in he came up and was asking a bunch of questions about the Foil Drive and which version would best suite him.  Hmmmm.....

W:30/FD:17/F:4/S:8

No comments: