Monday, March 11, 2024

Garage Works - 3/11/2024

The mast I sent in for repair came back today.

Looks like new -


Except for a chip - probably took a good fall somewhere in the shipping process.


After I calmed down, I set off to fix it.  I used the JB Weld Plastic Bonder I had and viola!!!


It looks bonded well.


And I wet sanded it to 1500


This is the other side.


I also got a clear coat sprayed on, but I didn't take any pictures yet (I got a response to the Facebook Marketplace ad I put up for my UniFoil Progression 170 - sold it!)

This post is backwards chronologically - when I got home I had decided to rest today - too much winging lately.  Instead I decided to work on Matt's board.

I drilled out the corners of where the reinforcement block will go.


Then I used the jigsaw and got the slot walls trimmed out.  In order to get the block out, I used the pull saw and got the hole cleaned out nicely.


Dry fitting the block - perfect fit!!!


I'll get the block epoxied in tomorrow.


No.35 is coming along nicely!

No comments: