Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Garage Works - 3/19/2024

La and Noe were out when I got home - so I immediately went to work on the projects in the garage.

I sanded the carbon I laminated onto Duke's board.


Then that lead to a fill coat


And a touch up to the repair on the nose


At this point I think I took the polyurethane block on No.35 down with a planer - but I'll write about that when I get to the picture.

I came back to Duke's board and got the carbon fitted to the delam section.


And I got a cap sheet on - both layers epoxied on with 3.5 ounces and 1.4 ounces.


I'll sand the edges and add a fill coat tomorrow.

Duke reminded me there is another ding under Prayot's sticker - I'll have to get to that after the bottom deck work.

While I was cleaning up in the garage, I pieced together the offcuts and this looks like it'll be the blank for No.35 (which is going to be a purpose built Foil Drive Max board, or a slightly narrower version of No.25 - either will have the 16" tracks).  The Foil Drive board would be more interesting as I am planning to have a cutout through the center (nose to tail) to get the Foil Drive unit closer to my foot, while leaving thicker sections on either side for some volume (think catamaran).

If I go with a modified version of No.25, I'd be building it so I can put the smaller foils on it.  No.25 is pegged and I'm not really able to get any of the foils smaller than 1000 sqcm on it. 


I also cleaned the Evolution Cedrus mast.  It goes together nicer now.

But I did find this crack on the adapter end of the mast.  It is detectable on this side, and there is another slightly less noticeable one on the other side also.  I'm going to keep my eye on this..


And this is what I actually started on first when I got home.  I used the Makita battery operated planer and I got the polyurethane block leveled off with the top deck.  I also took the opportunity to clean up the shape a little more.

I was looking to see where the SUP handle would be located to balance the board with a foil attached.


I think I will try to get the bottom deck laminated tomorrow.

No comments: