Monday, March 18, 2024

Evening Session - 3/18/2024

The wind did not materialize this afternoon as I had hoped.  So I put the winging gear away and I brought out the Great White Twin with the Power Twins in place.

The waves looked good when the sets rolled through.  The tide was pretty low at 0.3'


I caught about 10 waves - but they were either really short, I got dropped in on, or I got in a couple of turns and they flattened out.  Weird conditions today...


This setup felt sticky today - probably needs a lot more energy (or at least a wave that runs open a bit more than what was coming through today).  Surfline showed the swell coming in from 184 degrees (almost straight south) and at 64kJ energy.

Almost the whole time I was thinking I could be way outside not having to deal with the surfers and flying on the Foil Drive.  But I quickly remembered why I decided to surf today - super low tide.  No need to scrape bottom again - been doing plenty of that recently.

I was hoping the surf would have been better - glad I'm got out there regardless.

W:30/FD:19/F:4/S:9

No comments: