Monday, March 18, 2024

Garage Works - 3/18/2024

Got some headway on the garage projects also.  I made a stop at Fiberglass Hawaii to pick up the carbon and pigment for Matt's board (No.35).


And I got the top polyurethane blocks installed.  Tomorrow I'll try to get this shaved down flush (using the surforms).


And I got more prep work done on Duke's board.  I sanded the cut surfaces on the bottom deck so I can feather in the carbon cap sheet.  I also poked lots of holes in the surface of the XPS.  This will get a slick coat of epoxy before I place the first carbon layer - and it will help prevent future delamination (by not wholly relying on contact adhesion - this extra mechanical adhesion will help I think).

I'll laminate this tomorrow. 


I did get the top deck delam patched up.  Here is the filler strips setup.


Here's the setup all prepped and ready for epoxy.


I mixed up 1.4 ounces of aluzine and got the bottom saturated, then placed the patch(es) and got the saran wrap tightly placed.


I'll sand this and place another fill coat on it to get this to finished level.

No comments: