Saturday, March 30, 2024

Dawn Patrol - 3/30/2024

I got a late start on the dawn patrol this morning.  And when I got there, I talked with Andrew and Kalani - making me even later ;P

I setup No.33 with the HPS980/400P and took a guess at the unit/mast positioning based on what I've been getting with the Spitfire 960. 


The waves were small - and they only got smaller.  And then the wind came up making catching waves even harder.

I did get some fun rides at the front half of the session.

Kalani was enjoying the beach and took some videos.


I stayed out almost an hour and a half.  I came in with 35% battery - and I was on the throttle the whole time.  This is pretty typical battery performance.


That jog towards Fenceline was me thinking I could get a mini downwinder.  By that point the waves basically died out.


I'm counting 21 rides - taking out time for the paddle out and back in, that's a ride every 4 minutes.  The front end was where I caught the most rides the quickest - after the midpoint of the session the wave count was blah.

This front foil - rear stabilizer combo has always been a session saver.


It was a fun session, even if it was probably wingable.

W:40/FD:20/F:4/S:9

No comments: