Sunday, March 10, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 3/10/2024

The forecasts for today were all over the place.  One called for the wind to drop, the other kept saying it was going to be nuking.  I figured in either case I would wait for the tide to come up a bit before going to wing.

The wind was somewhere in between - I set up the SW2 4.7 and the same gear as yesterday. 


Speaking of gear yesterday, I did fill and sand these yesterday evening.  Not too shabby if you ask me.


And in the water these foils were dead silent - perfect!



Prayot was out first (12:30) - and Norm was out before him.  Roland was out maybe 20 minutes before me.  I was paddling out around 2:30.  And Duke rounded out the flight crew as everyone had come in.


Fun session - especially the waves - biggest I've foiled in a bit (well overhead on the sets).  Too bad the big waves were breaking on the edge of the dead (wind) zone...


After grabbing a couple of really good waves at the dead zone, I didn't want to chance another paddle in so I booked it over to Fenceline.  There were fun waves over there also - but the tide was filling in and starting to dampen the breaking. 


I did fall to the temptation again - but something weird happened, I wiped out, was torqued around and my left foot got wrenched around in the footstrap.  Not fun.

I sat in the water stretching out my ankle.  And then I had a hard time getting back up on foil.  After a few minutes, I picked up a gust and got back up towards Fenceline again.

 

The peaks lined up nicely with the runs.


This is likely the end of this up and down wind event (time to Foil Drive!!!)

W:30/FD:15/F:4/S:8

No comments: