Friday, March 8, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 3/8/2024

I am trying to sell off a bunch of equipment that I don't really use - that could free up space and I can use the funds to pick up a new wing and/or foil.  I took the Naish Compact to Hickam to sell it (sold).  Since I was there, I went ahead and setup for a winging session.

Tim (young) and Ken (Red Jeep) both were finishing while I was setting up.  Ken had a bigger wing and Tim was on his 3.5

I opted for the 4.2 based on what I was seeing on the water


For the foil, I set up the Eagle 690 with the DW190.


I used the separation that the 890 and 1090 had and applied it to the 690.


I didn't have a bunch of time this afternoon so I didn't get to fully test this front foil.  And the wind was really up and down - made for some time down on the water and waiting for the gusts.


A bit more north in the wind today...

The Eagle 690 wasn't that hard to get to lift off - way easier than the ART 899 (if I remember correctly).  It has a lower stall speed than the small ARTs and could glide through the lulls to get to the next wind line without much drama.


Kinda hard to rig for 15 with gusts to 30


Interesting speed profile.  I think I can easily go faster in stronger, more consistent wind.  I really want to break 25 mph with this foil.


And closing with what I opened with - Mark was the one who bought the Naish board.  While I was getting the board to he and his wife, he was really busy looking over my shoulder.  He said he was waiting for the base police because he was assaulted by someone at the Hickam Beach.  Just goes to show you bad people are everywhere... 

W:28/FD:15/F:4/S:8

No comments: