Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 3/19/2024

The forecast was calling for light but doable conditions.  I had a late meeting, so by the time I got there, I saw Harris on the outside - but by the time I was moving equipment to the water, he was already finishing.  He said the waves were smaller than he thought they were going to be.

I said it still looked like I could get up on foil so off I went.


I had No.34 setup with the Eagle 1090/DW210 - light wind weapon!


The wind was up and down.  Not surprising since there were lots of clouds hanging around. 


I didn't even bother going outside (as I didn't want to risk get stuck out there).  I did practice transitions - but I didn't have an opportunity to get in toe-side tacks - not enough wind on the inside.


Barely doable wind - but once I was up, it wasn't too bad.


And the speed graph shows it wasn't too bad after all.


I was actually having a hard time getting back to the launch - the wind had a lot of north in it and I could never quite get up wind enough...

At least I didn't have to paddle in!!!  I'll write this one up as a success!

W:31/FD:19/F:4/S:9

No comments: