Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Evening Session - 3/12/2024

Marlon and I got in a late afternoon session.  The swell is starting to come down from this past weekend, but there were still some fun sized energy.

The south wind was up for the afternoon, but by the time we went out it was dropping fast.  It was still choppy though.  And although I enjoy a good high tide to avoid groundings, the tide was high enough to alter the wave breaking patterns.


Marlon used his longboard for a bit, then broke out the drone.


I tried something different - I rigged the Foil Drive Max to No.34

I was expecting to be able to catch waves super early - totally not the case.  No.33 is much more suitable for Foil Drive duty (at least for me, at this time in my foiling journey).


I did manage to catch and ride several waves.  But as I was figuring out the balance points on this board, and the waves were running together or flattening out - I botched way more than I caught and rode successfully.  I even had a few close calls on some wipeouts...

I may try this setup again when the conditions are better - but now knowing No.33 works the way it does (shorter - way more manageable), I'm going to start altering other variables - like the other props, and mixing in other front foils (Vyper 170, SK8 950, Kujira 980).

W:30/FD:16/F:4/S:8

No comments: