Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 3/26/2024

Hit WPB after work (and after sanding the laps on No.35)

The wind LOOKED like it was up.  The tide was up and so were the waves.


I did not trust the wind strength - Duke has gone out earlier and he said he got skunked.  I pumped up the North Mode Pro 5.5 and countered that with the Spitfire 840/325P

Marlon came also - and he was nice enough to take some drone footage.


When you paddled out, the wind was light and swirly.  A little confusing - and it didn't help that the ocean was really choppy (hard to balance on the board).

But I did get up after what seemed to be an eternity.  Looks like I'm getting ready to finish off a jibe here.


Gear shot -


Was down in the water almost as much as I was up and moving.  There was definite incentive to not fall down today.


There's blue tracks in the spaghetti - 

I don't want to paint the image of doom and gloom - I did nab several really fun waves and some decent runs. 


And from this chart is seems as if I should have been overpowered - but I wasn't


It all leveled off in the second half of the session.


Tomorrow should definitely be better - 

W:37/FD:19/F:4/S:9

No comments: