Saturday, March 2, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 3/1/2024

Winging yesterday was EPIC!!!

As Kalanni and I drove up we both said "Holy Shit!!!" as we saw a pretty good set breaking outside.  There were steady whitecaps and not too many clouds (to suck out the wind).  The only downer was the low tide (but it would rise as the day went on).

Nick and his family were already there - I gave him a tutorial on how to get out before he went to take his daughters surfing. 


I pumped up the SW2 4.2 and used the same foil/board combo from the previous few sessions.


I forgot my watch, but did bring the GoPro


I think I was out for three hours - and I was up on foil for the majority of the session.  The winds ended up being up and down, and the waves were firing until the tide started to fill in.


It was Kalani and I for a bit.  Nick, Roland, Prayot and Duke eventually came out.  The waves had settled down by that time.


I went in ahead of the others (as I had already been out a while and got more than my fill - and the wind was dropping, not enough to reliably use the 4.2)


I have really taken to the SK8 950 - it just turns so well and even though it doesn't turn as hard as the Spitfires, it also doesn't have the pitch stability quirkiness (which in some cases isn't a negative). 


Epic!!!!

W:23/FD:13/F:4/S:8

No comments: