Saturday, March 23, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 3/23/2024

I hit Hickam today - the winds were either way up, or way down.

I came here because I wanted to do some testing.


First up was the North Mode Pro 4.8 - this wing is so tight!!!  


And up next is the Axis ART Pro 1001


I did two runs - first was with No.34.  I wanted to feel this front foil out and No.34 gets to foiling speed faster.

Here are the stats for both runs and the wind.





The reservations I had about the ART Pro 1001 were unfounded - I got up to speed easy and this foil has tremendous glide.  Granted there was a lot of wind and the Mode Pro is very powerful (and doesn't get overpowered that easily).  I'd say it has the low end of the ART 999 and the upper end of the smaller ARTs without any of the blow up drama of the 899.

I even took it out to Firsts - it rides really well, and I had it set up on the standard Ultrashort black fuse (I can't imagine what the Advance and Advance + will enable).


The Evolution Wind mast did not even blink an eye - as fast as I was going, there was no hint of ventilation.  It's hard to go fast when you are worrying about a blow up - it's nice to have confidence in your gear so you can push the limits!!!


I saw Jim setting up on the beach so I went in - he had asked to try out No.34.  I caught him before he headed out and he swapped boards.  I moved the foil over to No.32.  I took the distance where the mast was placed from No.34 (uncanny I got it right the first time) and set it up the same on No.32.

And I was even more impressed with both the Mode Pro 4.8 and the ART Pro 1001.  I caught plenty of waves with this setup and it worked so well.


And after I went in to the harbor, I forced myself to make toe-side tacks.  Here are three I winged away from.


And I made an effort to see where the top end of the foil was - 24.1 with the Progressive 350 rear stabilizer.  I am pretty sure if I put a Skinny tail on, I'll be able to consistently break 25mph.


I could feel the wind getting shaky so I called it - I also needed to go pick up Noe and get her to Kaneohe.

I'm really pleased with both of these additions to the hanger!!!

W:35/FD:19/F:4/S:9

No comments: