Sunday, March 24, 2024

Garage Works - 3/24/2024

I finally decided to get off my ass and start the glassing process on No.35

Here is the bottom laminate.  There is a patch around the box and a nose to tail sheet.  Matt wants a racing stripe, so I proposed to use carbon tape for the stripe.  That'll go on after the pigmented fill coat.


And here it the bottom deck laminated.  This actually wasn't so bad... it went pretty fast.  Using the pre-installed tracks has made this portion of the build a lot simpler than it used to be.

I used 16.5 ounces of resin and 6.6 ounces of hardener.


Tomorrow will be lap sanding, routing out the slot for the SUP handle on top and installation of the handle.  I'll do this earlier (when I first get home from work).  Then in the evening when the temps go down, I'll get the top deck laminated.

No comments: