Monday, March 25, 2024

Garage Works - 3/25/2024

I worked on No.35 this afternoon.  I started out by sanding the laps and routing out the slot for the SUP handle.


I used Gorilla Glue to get the handle set in place.


I taped up the handle slot and then placed the innegra layer.


Innegra layer up close.


I placed the carbon patch over the area where the rider's knees and feet will go and then draped over the nose to tail sheet.  I got the relief cuts made and got the epoxy mixed.  First pour was 16.5 resin + 6.6 ounces of hardener.  I needed a second pour and used 5.0 resin and 2.0 ounces of hardener.


And here it is all laminated up!


I'll sand the bottom laps and get the transome fill coat on.  Matt wants a pigmented fill coat on the top and bottom, so that will go on after the transome clear fill.  After the first fill sanding, I'll then laminate a carbon strip on the bottom that will double as a racing stripe.  That will need another laminate coat, followed by two fill coats.


And before the final fill coats I'll need to get the labels and the stickers he wants put on.  Definitely a few extra steps on this one.

With the wind coming up, it may be next week before this one is finished. 

No comments: